Perquimans County, NC Board of Election Members
- North Carolina State Board of Elections Website
- County Board of Election Search
- One-Stop Voting Sites
- Petition Search
- Polling Place Search
- Provisional Search
- Voter Registration Statistics
- Voter Search
STATEWIDE RECOUNT FOR THE NC AUDITOR
On Tuesday December 6, 2016, a statewide recount for the NC Auditor contest was officially requested. In accordance with the statewide recount request, the Perquimans County Board of Elections will conduct a recount of the November 8, 2016 General Election votes. The recount is scheduled for 11:00 AM Thursday, December 8, 2016 at the Board of Elections office, 601 S Edenton Road St, Hertford, NC 27944.
RECENT DEVELOPMENT - PHOTO ID, SAME-DAY REGISTRATION, OUT-OF-PRECINCT VOTING, & PREREGISTRATION
On July 29, a panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit struck down photo ID requirements and other elections procedures enacted under S.L. 2013-381 and amended by S.L. 2015-103. Barring any alternative outcome on appeal, the following are no longer enforceable:
Photo ID requirement contained in Part 2 of Session Law 2013-381, as amended by Session Law 2015-103;
- Removal of preregistration contained in Part 12 of Session Law 2013-381;
- Elimination of same-day registration contained in Part 16 of Session Law 2013-381;
- Changes to early voting contained in Part 25 of Session Law 2013-381; and
- Elimination of out-of-precinct voting contained in Part 49 of Session Law 2013-381.
The district court order is available here. Please check back at this website for updates as they become available.